How & Why to Set Your Dog Account as a Creator Account
Dec 02, 2020
If you want to grow consistently on Instagram, you need to be paying attention to your analytics.
Many people don’t know this, but Instagram provides a lot of valuable insights within the app itself, such as:
- How many accounts your post reached
- How many impressions (views) your post got from hashtags
- How many new followers you gained and lost per week
- Your best performing posts
In order to see these analytics, you need to have your account set up as a professional account. There are two options for professional accounts: creator or business account. I recommend setting up your account as a creator account if you’re a pet account owner.
Perks of having a creator account
- Accessing insights
- Adding music to stories and reels (most business accounts don’t have this feature)
- An enhanced DM inbox with 2 separate inbox folders: primary and general, plus the ability to flag messages and sort through spam
- The ability to do paid promotions of your posts
According to Instagram:
With a professional account, you can get access to insights about your followers and account performance, new contact options and more.
- Learn about your followers: Get insights about your followers and see how your posts are performing
- Reach more people: Create promotions on Instagram to help reach more people and build your community
- Get new contact options: Add a contact button to your profile to make it easier for people to get in touch with you
How to Switch to a Creator Account
Switching your account to a creator account is free, very simple to set up, and can be done at any time!
- Go to your settings
- Click on account
- Click on the blue link at the bottom that says Switch to Professional Account
- Select a category for your account. Note: The category you pick here really doesn’t matter, can be changed at any time, and can be hidden if you choose (step 5). I often see pet accounts with categories such as blogger, digital creator, or public figure
- Decide if you want your category displayed on your profile or not. For most pet accounts, I recommend hiding this as it takes up valuable space on your profile without adding much value. I do, however, recommend displaying the category if you’re running a business or provide a service.
- Choose if you want a business or creator account. Again, I recommend creator for pet influencers. This can be easily changed at any time.
According to Instagram:
- Business: best for retailers, local businesses, brands, organizations, and service providers
- Creator: best for public figures, content producers, artists and influencers
Click next and enjoy all the new benefits of your professional account!